Monday, February 27, 2012

The Start

When I first heard about CrossFit, I initially thought about it for a split second and the thought of it dissolved when I though I could "get fit on my own." Little did I know that as time passed, just playing sports was not enough. I am a year into my marriage and I gained a significant amount of weight. Some called it "living the good life" or "marriage weight"
NOT POSSIBLE, I was not going to have it. Inspiration came from my very good friend Irma and her husband Juan who after just a few months of doing CrossFit look amazing. After prioritizing my health to be at the top of my list, I decided to finally give it a try. I went to the information and introduction class and I have to say, I walked out with a confident feeling of "I can do this"  CrossFit Memorial Houston was the best choice I could have made. Everyone is so knowledgable, very amigable, inspiring and motivating!
I joined CFMH earlier this month and it was the best decision of my life! The first week I was sore, then came the mad "man-makers" This was the worst best pain I have ever had! In two weeks I was sleeping better, feeling better, an seeing a big difference in my body.

This is my third week and plan to participate in the CFMH Spring Nutritional and Fitness Challenge starting this Saturday. I will be posting my performance and my progress. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment